Movie/TV Writers Wanted
If you enjoy writing and sharing your thoughts/opinions with the world, then we may have the job for you!
We’re looking for writers who are passionate about movies and television. You should have some prior writing experience (though entertainment writing is not a requirement) and we’re looking for people who have the availability to write 1-2 articles per day, whether it is a news article, review or feature.
Please note, all articles MUST be ready to publish. That means spelling, grammar, punctuation and formatting must be up to standard.
We are looking for contributing writers for the following areas:
1. Movie/Television news:
Help cover industry news as it happens. To write our news, you will need to have the ability to work quickly and report on breaking news with an informed, yet entertaining voice. News assignments sent to you in the morning must be received by 3:00pm PST. All news articles are 150 words minimum.
2. Movie and Television Reviews:
Weekly TV Reviews:
You will write episode recaps for popular shows such as The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, True Blood, Doctor Who, Teen Wolf, Arrow, Supernatural and many others. This assignment is a weekly, on-going, and time-sensitive commitment. We require that reviews are posted the same evening or the following morning at the very latest. All TV reviews have a minimum of 500 words.
This is a very important position on the site, as you will be letting our readers know which films are worth seeing (or not!) The ideal candidate will be an avid filmgoer who loves to analyze both creative and technical aspects of films on the big screen, as well as on DVD/Blu-ray. All movie reviews have a minimum of 500 words.
3. Feature Articles
To write original feature articles for us, you will need to have good knowledge of popular films past and present. Examples include Best of, Top 10, opinion pieces, and interviews. All feature articles have a minimum of 500 words.
To apply for one of the above roles, email [email protected] and let us know the type of position you’re interested in. Please also include:
- Examples of your writing as well as links to any online articles you’ve written.
- Examples of the kind of features or articles that you would be interested in writing for All That’s Epic
- Presence on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to help promote your posts
- Where you are located and phone contact or Skype name
Bonuses (but not required):
- WordPress: Any knowledge or experience with WordPress is a plus.
- Industry Experience: If you have experience or connections in the entertainment industry, this is also a plus.
- Special skills: Multimedia or photo editing skills (Photoshop, etc), SEO knowledge is a plus.
This is a volunteer-only position, though there may be the opportunity for perks or bonuses down the road. Mainly, we will help to build you as an authority in entertainment journalism, and will promote your work via our main website at allthatsepic.com as well as our social media channels.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!